- Long-term care at St. Matthew Center for Health is a holistic approach provided by an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
- Various levels of care ensure that St. Matthew residents are provided with the health, social and recreational services needed.
- Intermediate care may be appropriate for those in need of minimal assistance with personal care and mild cognitive impairments that may require them to receive occasional reminders.
- High intermediate care is available for those in need of moderate assistance with personal care and/or frequent reminders or cues because of cognitive impairments.
- St. Matthew Center for Health offers skilled care for individuals who require close monitoring from a registered or licensed nurse. Skilled care is also for those in need of total assistance with personal care. Residents requiring skilled care may include but not be limited to those with enteral feedings, tracheotomies, colostomies, wounds and unstable diabetes.
dementia & alzheimer’s services
• Faith Place, a secure community of St. Matthew Center for Health, is specially designed for individuals who are in the early to middle stages of dementia.
- With accommodations for only 25 individuals, Faith Place offers an intimate atmosphere.
- A specially trained dementia unit coordinator ensures that meaningful activities are offered that provide residents with a chance to feel useful and successful.
- Normalization tasks such as the Looking Good Group, where women apply make-up and jewelry and men gather to shave are emphasized.
- Prior to joining the Faith Place team, employees must first complete a dementia training program.
- Our Dementia Neighborhood Coordinator will meet with the family and potential resident in their home prior to admission.
• In times of crisis or simply when caregivers are in need of time away, St. Matthew Center for Health is able to provide short-term services.
- Individuals are provided with services such as 24 hour care and supervision, meals, medication administration, laundry services and activity programs during their stay with us.
- St. Matthew staff will work with the primary physician to provide us with information prior to admission.
- In most cases, we are able to accept an individual for admission on the same day as the referral.
- Respite stays are considered to be sixty days or less and are available in any of our levels of care.
• St. Matthew Center for Health partners with several area hospice providers to ensure that individuals at the end of life are allowed comfort and dignity.
- Hospice staff augments the 24-hour services provided by St. Matthew employees.
- St. Matthew provides residents and their family with amenities such as a private room or suite with sleeping areas for overnight visitors, radios and/or televisions and telephones at the bedside.
• The Wellness Center at St. Matthew is comprised of the fitness center, computer room and juice bar. Scheduled to open in early spring of ’05, the Wellness Center is open to the public.
- Equipped with the specialized line of Nautilus equipment for seniors, the center emphasizes strength training.
- Did you know that older adults are the fastest growing population of computer users?
- Whether searching for information, playing games or e-mailing the grandchildren, computers with over-sized monitors and keyboards are enjoyable and easy to use.
• St. Matthew Center for Health has been a resource for the Park Ridge community for 46 years. We are pleased to offer presentations on topics related to older adults to congregations, professional organizations and other groups.
Please contact us to discuss topics or to schedule a presentation.